Book Club Questions for Nonfiction
Do you belong to a book club? If not, now is a great time to get your friends together for an hour or so to discuss your current reads. As it is currently, “Nonfiction November”, I’ve put together a list of questions, perfect for discussing nonfiction books. Download a printable copy for your next club meeting.
Discussion Questions for Nonfiction
1. What did you like best about this book?
2. What did you like least about this book?
3. Share a favorite quote from the book. Why did this quote stand out?
4. What feelings did this book evoke for you?
5. What did you learn from reading this book?
6. If you got the chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?
7. How does the title relate to the book’s contents? What other title might you choose?
8. What idea(s) was the author trying to get across? What do you feel was the author’s purpose in writing this book?
9. What new questions do you now have about this subject after reading this book?
10. What aspect of the story did you most relate to?
11. What surprised you about this book or the subject?
12. What other books on this topic have you read? How does this one compare?
13. What did you already know about this topic before reading this book?
14. What other books on this topic would you like to read?
15. What about this book drew you in and kept you reading?
Become a Subscriber
Track your reading goals with my reading journal templates. Receive them free when you join my mailing list. As a bonus, you’ll also receive my Ultimate 100 Book Reading Challenge!
If you’re looking for a nonfiction book selection for you next club meeting, here are a few I highly recommend:
This page contains affiliate links. This means for any purchase made, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.