Mystery Blogger Award Nominee
I Am Honored!
I am humbled and honored to have been nominated for a Mystery Blogger Award! My blog was nominated by Michael Long at www.themilitarytraveler.com. It is incredibly motivating to have my blog recognized by a fellow blogger! Since I got into this six months ago, I have discovered a network of wonderfully supportive people who are all more than willing to help their fellow bloggers succeed.
Michael is a retired veteran who has traveled extensively. He shares his travel experience to help his readers enjoy amazing trips while sticking to a budget. Personally, I look forward to his posts as I enjoy the amazing photography he uses.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Mystery Blogger Award Rules
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I recently published a novel called The House on Maple Street.
- I am a passionate cook. I will try making just about anything. I collect cookbooks when I travel. My Pinterest account has over 60 boards, most of them devoted to new recipes. I love really good food!
- I also enjoy photography, landscape photography. I have never been good at “people pictures”. I’m more likely to comment, ‘what is that person doing in my picture of the mountain?!’.
Michael’s Questions to Me
Who and/or What Motivates You to Write Your Blog?
As an author, my blog is primarily my way of showcasing my writing, promoting my book (soon to be plural) and sharing my photography.
When Do You Do Most of Your Writing and Why?
I do most of my writing in the evening or on the weekends. If an idea strikes me, I’ll write early in the morning, before I head to work. It depends on what I’m working on and when the muse decides to start speaking.
How do you describe your blogging when you discuss it with family and friends?
Since my blog is how I promote my writing, I describe it as an author’s platform and somewhere they can visit to read stories I’ve written and keep up on whatever work I’m promoting, get release dates of my upcoming books, etc.
If you were an animal, what animal would you be? (My funny/weird question)
I would probably be a cat. I’m a total cat person and the idea of getting to nap all day in the sun sounds pretty appealing.
What is your favorite topic to write about and why?
I bet you think I’m going to say something about story I’ve written or something. Actually, I went a little “off topic” recently with a travel post and I had a blast putting it together. I will definitely be highlighting more of my travels in the future.
My Top Three Posts
Palm Springs Getaway – my travel post
The House on Maple Street – the post where I announced the release of my debut novel
Ruth Long, Age 88 – where I announced my next book
Lisa with Fluxing Well
Sandra with Poof Be Gone
Desiree with Fitmology
Jessi Ann with The Rambling Raccoon
Ana with Goat Dog Simple
Linda with Dreams to Discover
Serena with The Bossy Brunette
Britt with Alternatively Speaking
Andy with The Blogging Station
Nilakshi with Meraki Musings
Nominees – I look forward to learning more about you but you are under no obligation to accept the nomination. It is my pleasure to recognize each of you and give credit to exceptional bloggers who deserve to be noticed.
Questions to My Nominees
- What drives you to keep going when you experience a set back?
- Since I’m a book blogger/writer, what is your favorite book?
- What motivated you to start your blog?
- If you could describe yourself using a color, what color would it be and why?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
I feel like the stage manager is going to cue the band to play me off this post any second now! So I will close by once again expressing my gratitude to Michael Long for my nomination. I look forward to learning more about my nominees through this process. Thank you!